Private Boat Charters to Diglipur Island and Back
Diglipur Island, located in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands of India, is a captivating destination known for its pristine natural beauty and enchanting landscapes. Situated approximately 290 kilometers north of the capital city, Port Blair, Diglipur Island offers a serene and unspoiled environment that appeals to nature enthusiasts and adventure seekers alike.
Further, Diglipur Island is also renowned for its picturesque Ross and Smith Islands. Connected by a natural sandbar that emerges during low tide, these twin islands offer a unique experience of walking on the shimmering white sands amidst crystal-clear turquoise waters. Snorkeling and diving enthusiasts can explore the vibrant coral reefs teeming with colorful marine life, making it a paradise for underwater exploration.
Location and Geography of Diglipur Island
Diglipur Island is located in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, an archipelago situated in the Bay of Bengal, India. It is the northernmost part of the Andaman Islands and is approximately 290 kilometers north of the capital city, Port Blair. The island is nestled between the Andaman Sea on the east and the Bay of Bengal on the west.
Geographically, Diglipur Island showcases a diverse landscape that encompasses both coastal areas and mountainous regions. It is characterized by dense tropical forests, majestic hills, and fertile plains. The island is adorned with a rich variety of flora and fauna, including lush vegetation, exotic flowers, and towering trees. The Saddle Peak, which is the highest peak in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, is located within Diglipur Island, offering mesmerizing views of the surrounding landscape.
Tourist Attractions and Activities
Diglipur Island offers a plethora of tourist attractions and activities that cater to various interests. Here are some of the prominent attractions and activities to explore on the island:
- Saddle Peak National Park: Located within Diglipur Island, Saddle Peak National Park is a nature lover's paradise. It is home to the highest point in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Saddle Peak, which stands at an elevation of approximately 732 meters. The park's dense forests are inhabited by a diverse range of flora and fauna, including endemic species such as the Andaman wild pig, Andaman hill myna, and various orchid species. Hiking and trekking through the park's trails provide an opportunity to appreciate the island's rich biodiversity and enjoy panoramic views from the mountaintop.
- Ross and Smith Islands: The twin islands of Ross and Smith are a major attraction in Diglipur. Connected by a natural sandbar, these islands offer a unique experience of walking between them during low tide. The sandbar is submerged during high tide, creating two separate islands. The pristine white sandy beaches, clear turquoise waters, and vibrant coral reefs make it a haven for snorkeling, swimming, and sunbathing. Visitors can enjoy picnics, beachcombing, and exploring marine life during their visit to these enchanting islands.
- Turtle Nesting Sites: Diglipur Island is famous for its turtle nesting sites, where various species of sea turtles come ashore to lay their eggs. The months of December to February witness the nesting season, and visitors can witness this incredible natural phenomenon during guided turtle-watching tours. It's a unique opportunity to observe the nesting process and contribute to the conservation efforts of these endangered species.
Planning a Private Boat Charter to Diglipur Island
Planning a private boat charter to Diglipur Island requires careful consideration and preparation. Here are some essential steps to help you plan your trip:
- Research and Select a Reputable Charter Company: Start by researching and identifying reputable boat charter companies that offer services to Diglipur Island. Look for companies with positive reviews, a good safety record, and experienced crew members. Consider their fleet of boats and the amenities they offer.
- Determine Duration and Size of the Charter: Decide how long you want to charter the boat for and the number of people in your group. This information will help the charter company recommend the appropriate boat size and provide you with accurate pricing and availability.
- Understand the Cost and Payment Options: Inquire about the cost of the charter, including any additional fees or charges. Understand the payment options, such as deposit requirements, installment plans, and acceptable modes of payment. It's essential to have a clear understanding of the pricing structure and cancellation policies.
The return journey from Diglipur Island after your private boat charter requires careful planning and coordination. Here are some steps to consider for a smooth return:
- Plan the Return Trip in Advance: As you plan your initial journey to Diglipur Island, it's important to also plan the return trip. Determine the date and time you wish to depart from Diglipur Island and communicate this information to the charter company.
- Coordinate the Departure and Pick-Up Schedule: Work closely with the charter company to coordinate the departure time and location from Diglipur Island. Ensure that the pick-up point is easily accessible and convenient for your group. Confirm the details of the departure with the charter company a few days prior to the scheduled return.
- Follow Safety Measures and Procedures: Adhere to the safety measures and procedures provided by the charter company during the return journey. Pay attention to the crew's instructions, follow any safety protocols, and wear life jackets or safety equipment as required.
- Enjoy the Journey Back: Use the return journey as an opportunity to relax and enjoy the scenic beauty of the Andaman Sea. Take in the stunning views, enjoy the onboard amenities, and cherish the memories of your time on Diglipur Island.
Book Your Private Boat Charters Right Away!
By planning your private boat charter, you can experience the flexibility, privacy, and comfort that come with having your own vessel. Whether it's cruising along the stunning coastline, visiting the iconic Ross and Smith Islands, or trekking through the Saddle Peak National Park, a private boat charter allows you to customize your itinerary and make the most of your time on the island.
As you explore Diglipur Island, immerse yourself in its natural attractions, such as the Saddle Peak National Park, Kalipur Beach, and the mesmerizing turtle nesting sites. Engage in activities like snorkeling, hiking, and visiting limestone caves to fully appreciate the island's beauty.